Everi Day all year except February (for maintenance)
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHUPICCHU
SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU INTRODUCTION:
This trip is a terrific option for those who want to experience the beauty and wonder of arriving at Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail, but have less time or physical strenght to do a more extended trek. On our first day we take a lovely hike to the archaeological complex of Winay Wayna, then follow the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. After spending the night in Aguas Calientes, we have the entire second day to explore Machu Picchu.
What you need to bring/carry on Short Inca Trail:
Student card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
Toiletries and hand sanitiser
Camera and film
Torch with spare batteries
Options on Short Inca Trail:
Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00
Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00
Vistadome Train Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo: USD 50.00
Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
Other information on Short Inca Trail:
(1) Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our office.
(2) Time of arrival in Cusco after returning from the trek. Unless you plan to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes, you will return to your hotel in Cusco for approximately 8:30pm on the 4th day of the trek.
Avoid disappointment – book your Inca Trail holiday in time Over the last few years, the Peruvian government has imposed increasing restrictions on tourism on the Inca Trail in order to protect it from overuse. The aim is to minimize ecological impact and erosion, mainly by having limited access and improving the quality of the operators. There are now only a very limited number of trekking permits available – 500 per day – and they are being issued on a first-come-first-served basis. In order to avoid disappointment we recommend booking well in advance (up to a minimum of 8 months in peak season), unless you are extremely flexible over your travel dates.
Short Inca Trail Notes:
Notes: 1. Your arrival date in Cusco must be at least 2 days prior to trek departure since you have to pay the trek balance before 8pm 2 days before you start the trek. Arriving 2 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude. However 3 days is recommended.
2. A free airport to hotel transfer is provided for groups of 2 persons or more. A single supplement of US$5 will be charged for single travelers. Obviously if you want an airport to hotel transfer we will require your flight arrival details: Airline, flight number, expected arrival time and date. (to be confirmed at least 5 days in advance).
3. In order to qualify for a student discount you must be under the age of 26 and be in possession of a valid international student identity card ISIC. You must bring the ISIC card to the office when you pay the trek balance and take it with you on the Inca Trail Trek as it will be checked several times by government officials. Unfortunately no other forms of student identity are acceptable (university cards, international youth cards etc). If you forget your ISIC card or lose it then you will have to pay an additional US. $ 5 for a standard trek permit. The government has recently become more fastidious with respect to lost ISIC cards and on several occasions has not given permission to the person to enter the Inca Trail
4. If you have a hotel reservation in Cusco please include the name of your hotel on the reservation form. This allows us to locate you if there are any problems with your arrival. You will also be asked to confirm your hotel in Cusco when you come to the office to pay the trek balance.
We will confirm your trek reservation by email within a couple of days. We will require a trek deposit of US. $ 200.oo per person paid in advance. The date by which the trek deposit has to be paid and details of how to pay the trek deposit will be included in the trek confirmation email.
Group Size: Typical group size 01- Maximum 10 persons
05:00 AM onwards
Approximately 10:30 PM
What is included on Short Inca Trail:
The above prices include Inca Trail to Machu Picchu entrance fee (US. $ ), bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (US. $ ), Train tickest Cusco to Km 104 (start the trek)and return on tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (US$93) and all local sales taxes (19%). There are no hidden charges. For full details see below. Discounts: US. $ 20.oo discount on the above prices to students with a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and to children under the age of 15 years old (scans of your ISIC card or child’s passport must be provided at the time of paying the trek deposit in order to qualify for the discount).
Licensed Inca Trail Operator 2019 – 2020
Please note, if you can be flexible with your dates (giving 1 or 2 days either side of preferred date), you have more possibility of securing your place (availability for specific dates can change rapidly as there are only 200 spaces for trekkers and 300 spaces for porters on the Inca Trail per day
What is not included on Short Inca Trail:
Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
First Day on Short Inca Trail: Cusco - Chachabamba - Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu.
Cusco to Chachabamba to Wiñaywayna to Machu Picchu.
Early morning transfer from your hotel to the train station. Train from Cusco to kilometre 104, going through the Sacred Valley. Then we get off in the starting point of this trek. Later we cross the suspension bridge to get at the Chachabamba Inca's site and after a brief visit, begins a three hours walking upwards until the archeological site known as the Wiñaywayna; this site is well known as the spiritual place of the hike. After that we keep walking until the Intipunku (Sun`s Gate). From there we can see the classic view of Machu Picchu. In addition after walking half an hour down we`ll get at one of the most important archaeological sites of the world: Machu Picchu. Then we are going to take the bus to get at Aguas Calientes village, for spending the night in a hotel.
Second Day on Short Inca Trail: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu to Cusco
After an early breakfast, we are going to take the bus upwards to Machu Picchu, where well`ll be earlier than the other groups. Then we`ll have a tour during two and half an hour with the Tour Guide. After that, you will have free time to explore by yourself. Once more, we have to go back to Aguas Calientes Village to take the afternoon train to return to Cusco. Finally, we have a transfer from the train station to the hotel.